Soundstop 45 is manufactured from 2-mil dead-soft aluminum foil backing with 43-mil butyl rubber mastic adhesive. Our heavy-duty, waterproof mastic based rubber tape has so many uses you will want to keep some in your Coach at all times! It is available in a variety of widths from 4” to 18”.
Use Soundstop 45 on the interior walls, floor, ceiling, cab area and over the wheel wells to help deaden the sound entering your Coach. Our sound deadening waterproof mat is a lightweight, high-grade pure aluminum faced constrained-layer vibrational damper. With minimal effort, it will conform to sheet metal and other hard substrates.
Use it as an all-purpose, exposable waterproofing membrane that withstands weather elements and is UV resistant, making it excellent for use around Maxxair Fan installations, Skylights, HVAC units and Solar Wiring Installations.
We recommend Soundstop 45 for a long list of different items. Use it as an “anti-squeak” tape. Place it between surfaces that you will be mounting to the Coaches interior and exterior to prevent unwanted noise. Use Soundstop 45 with waterproof sealants for the ultimate protection against water intrusion.
Features and Benefits
- Proprietary recycled 100% butyl adhesive
- UV rated for long-term exposure
- Aluminum foil facer film for added sealant adhesion
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Puncture and abrasion resistant
- Forms a positive air/vapor barrier
- Provides instant water tight bond
- Exceptional adhesion to most materials including galvanized materials
- Non-staining adhesive
- Resists cold, heat, sunlight and water
- Release liner for easy installation
- Easy To Install-Just Trim, & Apply
- No Adhesive Required
- Easy To Cut Will Not Dull Scissors Or Knife
- Low VOC content; can help to satisfy EQ Credit 4.1 under LEED® requirements (Low Emitting Materials, Adhesives & Sealants)
Use scissors, knife or die to cut the mat to the desired size and shape before removing the release liner. Next, remove dust, grease, moisture, and other foreign matter from the application surface. Peel off the release liner. The simplest application technique is to bend the mat slightly and attach it along its shortest edge. Press the mat firmly into place, using a roller for larger pieces. The roller reduces the risk of leaving air pockets, which reduce sound damping capacity. The temperature of the mat and application surface should not be below room temperature during fitting. Heating the material is not necessary.
- Thickness: 45 mils (carrier, adhesive) 43 mils (adhesive) 2 mils (carrier)
- Adhesion: 63 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 20 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: 40°F to 300°F
- VOC content: < 1 g/L
Material performance is optimized for temperature ranges between 14°F and 140°F (-10°C to +60°C). Soundstop 45 can withstand temperature extremes between -65°F and +350°F (-54°C to +170°C) and is highly resistant to aging.
The acoustic loss factor "n" is used as a measure of a material's ability to damp structure-borne sound by stating how much vibrational energy (in steel sheets for instance) is converted to heat rather than sound. For constructions containing several layers of damping material, the combined loss factor "n comb" is used. The theoretical maximum loss factor is one (no vibration). An un-dampened 1mm thick steel panel has a loss factor of roughly 0.001 at 200 Hz. Soundstop 45 applied to that panel would increase the loss factor to 0.17 @ +20°C (+68°F). Multiple layers of Soundstop45 can improve sound damping even more.
Our Office Location
4626 Mercury Street
San Diego, CA 92111
Call us Directly
Mon - Fri, 8:30-5:00pm
By appointment only.